Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Signing in as Administrator

When I try to open Menu Maker it says I have to sign in as Administrator when using the trial version. I have rebooted several times since I downloaded the program.

I purchased it and unlocked it so I don't know why it's telling me this. Because of that, I can't edit within Dreamweaver.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Default Re: Signing in as Administrator

If you are running Vista or Windows 7 you will need to right click the desktop icon for Menu Maker and select Run as administrator (only needed once) so the program can update registry keys properly.

This is only required because Menu Maker was created and released years before Vista and Windows 7 existed. The new security features and UAC (User Account Control) prevent the necessary access to the registry even when logged in using an Administrator account.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I've done that several times. Every time I try to open it or use it in Dreamweaver it keeps giving me the same message. In order to run this trial you need administrative rights.

I've right clicked on the MM icon and clicked on Run as Administrator, it opens but I can't use it in Dreamweaver even though the extension is installed.

What version of Dreamweaver are you using?

To my limited knowledge the Dreamweaver extension for Menu Maker works with CS2 and older. There is an updated extension that supports CS3, but nothing available for CS4 or newer.

You need to uninstall Dreamweaver, Menu Maker, and the Dreamweaver extension.

Reinstall Dreamweaver using the Run as administrator.

Reinstall Menu Maker using Run as administrator, if you have Dreamweaver CS2 or older the extension should install automatically.

If you are using Dreamweaver CS3 you will need to download the extension from Xara's support site and run it as administrator.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I have CS3. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Thank you for your help.

I downloaded the extension from the xara site. Then I opened Dreamweaver as adminiatrator tried to Edit the nav bar and it worked..

Thank you for turning me in the right direction..

Judy

Judy, I'm very glad to hear you have it working.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update