Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: customizable pressure profile and eraser tool

I agree with these - in fact it's why I don't really use Xara much. I just want to be able to draw and not worry about the fussy computerese technical stuff, and it's certainly possible to do in raster programs, even semi-vector programs like Piranesi, so why not Xara? Until then, I'll stick to Artrage, Painter, Alias, Piranesi, despite the disadvantages.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The pressure profiles seem to work much like Illustrators art brushes. If we could create our own and be able to apply fills, transparencies and feathering to them, combined with Xara's speed I believe even the nay sayers would find many uses for them. And don't forget that eraser we need that too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Has anything like this feature been implemented? I haven't trialled the latest version of Xara yet. Well, if not I would like to add my support for adding it.

I like the look of many of Xara's features, but just cannot do without something similar to DrawPlus' pressure tab.

customisable pressure profiles - no

eraser tool [and the opposite: shape builder tool] - yes, and broadly similar to drawplus 5's equivalent tools

there is pressure sensitivity for the basic stroke [can't remember how long ago that was added]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...