Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default customizable pressure profile and eraser tool

i'm requesting to have customizable pressure profile and eraser tool that serif drawplus had or better. thank you!

Default Re: customizable pressure profile and eraser tool

oh yeah! i'm also requesting for autorecovery incase of power failure or program crash. because it happens to me and i can't recover my project that I'm doing almost 3 hours even i save it, everytime i add or modify it.

MODERATOR NOTE:
    Please limit 'Dear Xara..' threads to a single request as per the forum sticky.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 31 October 2009 at 07:52 AM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

these have both been much requested in the past. But I'm glad to put my vote in again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Customizable pressure profiles gets my vote 100%. I would pay good $ to have that feature available in Xara.

Absolutely +1
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

To be honest, I used to want this, but on reflection it seems unnecessary. At least for me. I do a lot of linework in Xtreme and I've gotten used to getting the most out of the existing lineshapes.

Ends of lines can easily be adjusted, from say a point to a wider ending, by doubling back the line on itself. Where I need a very detailed adjustment to the line width, I usually convert it to a shape and move the individual nodes.

An eraser would definitely get my vote.

I've been asking for this (eraser) for 2 years. I've lost hope. An eraser tool and a better brush or pen tool with more customizable options like Adobe Illustrator's. Everything else about this program is fantastic. The pen tool is just not as natural to work with as it is in Illustrator.

one thing that has been promised by Xara for the next release is a key shortcut for reverse path - that will make a difference

Like Mark I was an advocate of customisable stroke shapes at one time, but I would now much prefer pressure sensitive skeletal stroke
    Then I might get to draw my kind of artistic line in xtreme, rather than messing about constructing a node-pushing, join the dots, CAD-vector, time consuming, piece of draughting.. [when I could 'just draw it' with a pen]
    This is not a criticism - the art produced that way by many members is truely wonderful, but its not what I personally call drawing.
    I tried for several months and gave up - a pen a scan a vector trace - quicker than I could shove round all those silly nodes

And an eraser - there are those here who don't see the point, but there again they don't have to use it....
    [you don't have to push around those nodes......]
    Last edited by handrawn; 03 February 2010 at 06:57 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Wink Re: customizable pressure profile and eraser tool

One just has to "draw" with the brush tool in AI (set to one's customized style preference) to see the HUGE difference in natural drawing as opposed to using keystrokes to reverse a path or drawing without these many custom options. It's just not natural for me....maybe others ....but not for me.

The Reverse path shortcut may be a great start,..but there are times I want to erase "part" of a pen stroke and not necessarily the entire stroke. Also if you have an overlapped line that you just want to remove the overlap and you have a line that is set to taper,...the reverse key stroke doesn't understand that you do NOT want the end of that line to taper again after the adjustment. You end up with a "new" tapered end point and it defeats the purpose.

I think this is an area where Xara is sorely behind, but the program is so excellent that I can't dismiss it for my other work. It also comes down to the way one is used to actually drawing. I'm not saying that my way is correct,...that's for sure,....but it is the way that I draw and the pen tool in Xara is just not intuitive enough for me. (yet)

td

My agree with the request.