Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Gang, I'm simply a hobbyist and graphics artist wannabe, so I need your insight.

I currently own CD8 and Xara3D4 and am considering upgrading to either Xara X or CD9/10.

Does Xara X really do anything that CD8/9/10 can't?

Please enlighten me.

.joel.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Gang, I'm simply a hobbyist and graphics artist wannabe, so I need your insight.

I currently own CD8 and Xara3D4 and am considering upgrading to either Xara X or CD9/10.

Does Xara X really do anything that CD8/9/10 can't?

Please enlighten me.

.joel.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Joroho

Which package you should go for really depends on the type of graphics or content you wan't to create.

If you want to create beautiful, artistic works such as those visible in the Xara Gallery or on the i/us xara zone pages then there really is no contest. Xara beats Draw in almost all the important areas of creating such works.

Draw is capable of producing some of these works but it's transparency, vector fill and of course anti-aliasing is nowhere near as good. What Draw does have in it's favour are automation facilities for speeding up production of more technical type illustrations, almost unmatched text handling (for a design package), a powerful bitmap editor in the Photo-Paint package and a better control of the print and separation process.

These are the reasons I choose Draw over Xara, not because one package is better than the other, it's just for my type of Work, Draw fulfills more of my needs.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

If it's either / or, buy X. The differences between Draw 8 and 9 / 10 will be trivial compared to the personal performance boost you'll get from X. X and Draw are good partners because the tools work in a similar way and they can exchange files using the Corel CMX format. Draw provides all the utilities and Xara handles the creative side.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

I too am not a graphic professional...I got started with CD7 and then found out about Xara. My advice would be to buy Xara, read all the information available in the XaraXone, especially the Xealot and Gary's tutorials and you wont look back. Regards, Joel