Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Docking bay

Heres another new one,I am slowly,very slowly ,doing some ani on this scene
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Docking-bay_Win.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	12105  

Heres another new one,I am slowly,very slowly ,doing some ani on this scene

WOW!!!! Such detail and scope. What scale image are you working, must be hugh to put so much into this. You say you are doing some animation for this, what format will it be output to?

Pardon my poor grammar, it's just so impressive I lapsed into my original southern
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Man, I could stare at this piece for hours Stu... [thumbs so high they don't belong to me anymo ]

I can hardly wait until ya get this project all animated up like... it will be grande

Great work Stu

Thanks Soquili

Stu has a new puter and a couple of monitors now,so I can stretch out a bit ,its 1280 x 1024 bud,at least I think that image is,could be smaller.

Output probably tga for After effects clean up and additions,from there probably Quick time or maybe Sorenson,kind of depends how large the file is and if I use PAL tv sizing right away.The ani will probably be no longer then about 8 seconds Soquili,but if it comes out ok I will see about putting it somewhere you can see it

I really like the depth and detail myself guys,a bigger monitor or 2 makes a huge difference.I used to have to work within c4d on a 15 inch monitor,now I have 2 x 19s so I am trying to stretch put as much as I can.Am almost finished my Dragon as well,just painting to go....

Thanks Gidge,it took a while to balance everything thats for sure,theres a ton of lights

Stu.

Ok, that's it... I am going to save the Cash to buy a new rig with dual monitors

Thamks for additional info here Stu... oh man the new set up of your must be a relief eh? Good on ya

Very Cool looking picture Stu. Is your Docking bay modular? Ya sure got a lot of nice goodies in there and a cool flying vehicle as well.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Stu,

just one word: awesome.

the lights, the surfaces, the atmosphere - a dream.

If there wouldn't be a movie with the title I'd call it 'Silent Running' because the scene looks so smooth.

BTW, I think you all have watched the Silent Running with Bruce Dern?
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Thanks jens

Hey real good to catch up with you as well,I was going to mail you last week,then I thought ok I will do it this week,and then i got all disorganized again....

Thanks Mike

Modular as in one piece? {memory is not what it used to be}

The ship is modelled from a whale,an Armadillo,and a Stingray.The bits and ices I add were just bits I thought could be needed in a docking bay for a space craft.

I want to get into z brushing some beasties,I love sculpting polys ...Dragon is almost finished,am just ripping the uv mesh at the moment..

Are you still doing some engraving Mike?