Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Docking bay

jens Silent running? I am not sure if I have,my memory is terrible for names of movies.Can you give me a basic rundown of the plot?

Kiwi,

Given the time it has taken me to make a small space corridor - I can't help but appreciate the hard work that has go into this.

Excellent wokr.

Turan

That sound you just heard was my mouth hitting the floor awesome job Stu!

haha, no kidding eh... this is just awe inspiring...

MY desktop... Every time I get a modeling block, I pop the app to the tray and just gaze at this marvel

Mike - modular as in modules,now I got ya {big doh! from me} Ya I modelled a few parts with high detail and used quite a few instances or copies of thse pieces to keep te file size and editor update reasonable.

Thanks Turan - The modelling took about 3 - 4 days,and the tweaking and adding of lights, and materials and in some places new geometry,took abouta week to balance it all up.I am really proud of this image,although maybe a little more moody volumetric light would make me happy,but not for render times or ani so I didnt add it.

I have a wire somewhere I will post so you guys can see the makeup of the geometry.

Randy - Hi,thanx bud

Gidge - Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Are you still doing some engraving Mike? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep! Today I started making a Bill cap for a world record Atlantic Blue Marlin caught off of the coast of Brazil. Kinda cool!

Oooh that sounds very nice ...text or a scene or both?...hehe be nice if they sent you to Brazil to engrave it,put you up at some nice hotel by the sea and paid all your bills etc

How heavy was the Marlin?

Stu, Just text, I gotta fabricate the thing first. I don't think it would be feasible to move my shop to Brazil, perhaps a fishing trip instead.

The weight is 433 lbs, I have done trophies for larger blue marlin so it must be that this was a record for the class of tackle used and that the angler was a woman. Never the less its still a pretty big fish.

Oh well, guess I better get back on topic or I'll end up getting shuttled off to the off topic forum.