Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Plugin loading slowing down program initialization...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Another victim of deprecation.
    LOL
    How can something, that was never even officialy announced, be deprecated?
    John.

Internal deprecation. Gives you developer type people legacy compatibility while bringing new some code into compliance
    ( I make this stuff up as I go along John )

Ha, ha! Indeed.
    Well, the registry keys may have or have not any meaning for users. Anyway, they are not documented so you should not generally assume what are they supposed to do. In many cases they are not what they look like.
    John.

Hi again guys...

Thanks a lot for all this attention to my issue. I appreciate it.
    And thanks for John taking the time to check this out too.

Guys i know the issue lies with the plug-in effects because the application tells me so. While loading, it says in the bottom left corner of the status bar that it's "gathering list of live effects". This is where the long delay occurs.

The .xar file is 8.5 MB. It's a Website. Maybe it's just a case of this file being very large for a Xara file and i'm not use to waiting that long for a Xara file to be opened? I think i'm spoiled from the old days. LOL

Mark...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark (theKeeper) View Post
    The .xar file is 8.5 MB. It's a Website. I think i'm spoiled from the old days. LOL
    Xtreme wasn't a WYSIWYG Website builder in the 'old days'.
    I should think any 8.5mb .xar file would have loaded slowly in the 'old days' too.
    Would you like to attach the file so we can check which/if LE's are being used?

Mark, does it take as long if you open small files? Or is it that long only with this, or similarly large designs?
    Plug-ins initialisation may take a lot of time indeed. But it has to be done.
    You may notice this process on opening Photoshop. Takes ages to initialize all of them.
    John.

Hello,

did you ever though it may be the "check for internet updates" for Video help library or program itself ?
    Try with an internet connection prober to see if the application is searching for somthing on a remote site...

Regards

antimix

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Mark, does it take as long if you open small files? Or is it that long only with this, or similarly large designs?
    Plug-ins initialisation may take a lot of time indeed. But it has to be done.
    You may notice this process on opening Photoshop. Takes ages to initialize all of them.
    No, you're correct John. It's mainly with larger files i've come to notice now. And yes, it IS an unfortunate necessary evil. I'm OK with it now.

sledger ::
    Would you like to attach the file so we can check which/if LE's are being used?
    It's not using any. But you're spot on about an 8.5mb Xara file taking a little longer to open... old or NEW. LOL

antimix :: it's nothing to do with the update checker. I can see the app telling me it's trying to find any applicable plug-ins when it loads the file. But thank you for your suggestion just the same.

I appreciate everyone's time in sorting this out for me.

Have a good one peeps.

peace