Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Multiple Form Confusion

I have done two sites, each of which require two different forms. I have generated the Forms from Coffee Cup's excellent Web Form Builder. Each form is clearly given a different name but of course both sets of files are loaded to same root directory.

However, all sorts of confusion arises when one publishes these - even in the quick 'look' in XWD test publish function.

I have found (from another post here) that all sorts of confusion may be removed by removing the following code inserted by XWD: -

<!--[if IE]><script type="text/javascript">var xr_swfs=document.getElementsByTagName("object");fo r(var i=0;i<xr_swfs.length;i++){xr_swfs[i].outerHTML=xr_swfs[i].outerHTML;}</script><![endif]-->

Once this is taken out (I do it in Dreamweaver) my sites are a rock. However, the slightest change to the site involves going through all the pages (or in fact most of them) to remove this code before I publish on line.

Does anyone know what this code does? Dreamweaver CS4 seems happy with coding when that is removed.

Finally, it is important to stress that for small sites this software takes some beating. Well done Xara!

Default Re: Multiple Form Confusion

This code is used to force IE automatically start flash on page load. It is used only if you have flash placeholder on the page (Web Propertied dialog, Placeholder tab, "Replace with Flash" option).
    If you need to embed some flash files and avoid having this code you can use alternative embedding method which uses SWFObject code.
    To do so, create the object that will be used as a placeholder and assign it a name:
    Code:
    swfobject: "filename.swf"
    where the filename.swf is an URL of yor flash file.

Hope it helps.
    John.

I use a lot of Coffeecup software, particularly Web Form Builder, and haven't really had any problems with my forms in XWD or XXP. All I do is use a placeholder and paste the code in that WFB generates in the "Replace with HTML" slot, not the "Replace with Flash" slot. Upload everything and off you go.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Thanks guys, I utilise Coffee Cup Software exactly as you do Woody but with confusing results i.e., the forms will appear on the wrong page - until I remove the code from the relevant pages.

Excluding the code above does not appear to harm the flash insert I have to produce changing pictures .. see www.revocoaching.com