Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem viewing Index file after Publishing to website

I used and modified one of XX5 pre-existing templates with pictures and text. I followed all the instructions exported the file as a website with the filename – Index and Save as type – Website (HTML) (*.htm; *.html). it created a folder index_htm_files and index file. I am able to click the index file and it looks just the way it does in Xara. However, after I used Xara and publish and ftp the site, it creates the folder and file but when I click to view the index on my website, I only get text no pictures and a huge red square on the page….I tried uploading through ftp or copying the files directly to my site but still the same issue….
    I tried searching the help section of talkgraphics a few came close but nothing specific as to my issue…Why won’t it display on my website as it does locally on my pc…all the files are present

Any suggestions would be helpful…I included the xara file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Problem viewing Index file after Publishing to website

Could you post the url of your site Matrix
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I figured it out I am able to view the index file and it's associated text and pictures. However i created this file because I wanted to send HTML graphics email but using Windows mail does not allow that even though i copied the source code when send the test email the image and the text is not coming up. i want the receiver to view the email as displayed in this link
    http://haitianpaintings.com/static/index.htm.

I have included a screen shot of what the email looks like once received...I think this may more be an email issue than Xara. Xara did an excellent job of creating what I want, the next step is the issue.. any suggestions..thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HP TEST.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	66902  

My experience with emailing html worked like this: You normally can't just take the html code produced and email it, or use a bulk email program because there are items that are used or referenced that don't get sent with it, such as a reference to a style sheet. Another example is this from your site:
    "background: #869BBF url(images/gradients/gradient_tcat.gif)"
    The url is not complete enough for the email receiver to see the background image or complete page, it would at least have to begin with http://haitianpaintings.com or something similar, so they see no background. Hope this helps some.

Jim

Windows Mail just can't seem to render Xtreme / WD pages correctly.

For example, this is probably how you tried to attach your site:
    From Windows Mail help file.

To send a webpage in an e‑mail message
    Click to open Windows Mail.

Click the down arrow next to Create Mail, and then click Web Page.

In the Enter the URL of the webpage you want to send box, type the address of the webpage you want to include in your e‑mail message, and then click OK.

A new message window opens containing the webpage you chose. Enter the recipient's address in the To: box and an appropriate title in the Subject: box. You can optionally type additional text in the message body. When you are finished composing your message, click Send.
    It comes in half off screen etc as you noticed. Annoying though as it renders perfectly before being sent.

It does work on other non XX sites though, for example it will send this page perfectly.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 20 October 2009 at 03:39 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It is possible, though personally I only did this to prove it could be done.
    Not something I would make a habit out of.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xtreme-to-windowsmail.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	66905

Open http://haitianpaintings.com/static/index.htm in Google Chrome, 'select all' and copy to clipboard (ctrl+C).
    If you have a gmail account, login (using Google chrome of course) and click 'Compose Mail' and make certain it's 'Rich formatting' - click in the window and paste (ctrl+V).

That's it. Then send to Windows Mail/Outlook Express/Outlook recipient (or any email client which uses the IE rendering engine)
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 20 October 2009 at 04:29 AM.

I tried your suggestions Sledger (thank you) using Google Chrome and I sent it to several emails that I know customers would use to check their email. Windows Mail display well, however yahoo and Outlook did not display well upon receiving the email.
    If I have to use another email client to send I will, how does the Xara group company send their email what apps do they use? Or is it something in the code of the index.htm file...Help

Looking at the Outsider Emails from Xara it appears they use professional email marketing software INXMAIL.

Remember the one important factor with rich formatting email, many people have their email readers set to text only, therefore they will not see your formatted html version, instead at worse they will see html coding.

At the end of the day, Xara Web Designer or Xtreme is not software designed to create such emails, only web pages.