Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Need help exporting Logo

Hi everybody,

I am pulling my hair (what's left of it) but I can't seem to get this to work.
    Then again, I am everything but an expert when it comes to printing.

The problem:
    I made a logo for a client. And for the first time, the logo does not contain only flat colors but is sort of "3D". I enclose the part that gives me the worries, the text part below is working fine, so no need to include it.

1) I can't - for the love of it - export this properly as PDF or EPS. When exporting as PDF, he final result looks horrible. When exporting as EPS, I can't open it, Photoshop says it contains errors. I NEVER had that before!

I can work around this problem, by exporting the logo as a bitmap (which works) and that is possibly not a big problem. However, a resolution-independend vector-version would be the best solution.

2) The main problem!
    The logo will be printed in 2c, with black and a Spot Color HKS60N (I put the CMYK-expression of it into the file). I used a "Tint" of the Spot Color as the highlight, so it would be the same color, only lighter.

ALL the colors are defined as CMYK, however the "grey ball" ALWAYS is exported on the C, M, and Y - plates with the black one being nearly empty.

Could anybody help me - especially with problem 2 - please ??
    I am sure I am just doing something wrong, but I can't seem to find out what?

Here's a preview of the drawing in question, as well as the .xar

Thanks !!

Wolfgang

Edit: I am using XXPro 4 !!
    Maybe somebody could just give it a try in version 5 ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logohelp.png 
Views:	332 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	66817  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 16 October 2009 at 05:26 PM.