Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: duplicate current page

Yes, very odd Mike. If you open the Object/Layers gallery the Duplicate button is operational but only makes a nice "Ding" noise but no duplicate page. I'd copy & paste it to a new document and continue from there but send this file to Xara Support with a brief description of the error and a link to this thread. They may be able to chase up the bug.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Mike,

it looks like you have created a Photo Document.
    Photo Documents can't have multiple pages. They don't even have a page canvas, it's always a size of the image that is a basis of the document.
    Create new document and copy/paste all the required contents.
    If you want to know more about Photo Documents, open main menu "Help / Xara Xtreme Help..." and in the Contetnts tab select "Photo Handling / Photo Documents".

Hope it helps.
    John.

Its got to be a bug as I did start with a new page ...and there is a layer called page background which was generated by Xara...... all I did when I opened a new page was to resize it....maybe something happened then ...anyway if I copy and paste them into a new doc it allows me to add pages .

Thanks for letting me know its not me to a point.

Mike

Definately a photo document Mike. No other template has the dark grey pastboard.

Mike, perhaps you opened New >> Blank Photo and then created a page size in Options>>Page ?

I just tested this and it applies a blank white page to the dark grey backgound. It can be resized via Options>>Page also.

and there is a layer called page background which was generated by Xara
    Xara creates that background layer only when you apply a color (or image) to the page via ctrl+drag'n'drop (for example), otherwise there is no background layer automatically produced in any of the supplied new page templates.

Hi Sledger ...I always open a new page from the the icon at the top far left.......I never go into the part your talking about ....so not sure whats happened ...must have converted it to a photo somehow.

Mike

Which template opens by default Mike?

none open .....I always open up a blank page from the top left

Mike

Yes, sorry - this is what I mean't by 'default' - besides, I don't think you can launch Xtreme without the (set) default page loading?

your right ..it starts with a blank page .

Mike

Mike.. I was asking 'which' blank page (template) Xtreme started with? (It will be the same one that loads when you press the new blank page icon, top-left)