Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using Placeholder for a Form

I'm using Extreme 5 to make a website. I created a form through emailmeform, made a rectangle graphic and placed the code in a placeholder box (Replace with HTML code). When I view it through the "Export and Preview Website" ICON, the actual form shows up right away on the page, whereas I would like there to be the graphic box which the visitor sees that will open the form when clicked on. Is that possible? Also, it appears that the box or button needs to be at least the same width as the form, or else the form title will very narrow and will scroll, making it look wierd. Does this sound right?

Default Re: Using Placeholder for a Form

Yes this is correct.
    The placeholder object needs to be positioned where you want the form to appear and be of a size which matches the area the form covers.

Remember, Web Designer and Xtreme (not Extreme) are WYSIWYG

Default Re: Using Placeholder for a Form

Thanks for everyone's advice on this and other threads for creating forms. I ended up using the FreeFeedbackFormWizard to generate the html code and PHP script. The generated code is rather basic with a few fields, and more suited to those who wish to edit the code themselves.

I didn't use the other sites mentioned because I didn't want any 3rd party sites involved in forwarding the user info. I preferred to have the PHP script running on my host server.

QUESTION: In my Xara file, is it best to draw a "text box" to serve as a placeholder, vs an image or graphic box? I then would get <div>...</div> markups. And place my form code AFTER the placeholder? I presume that the placeholder doesn't get deleted because it contains info about the placement of the form. Is that correct?

Thanks again for everyone's help. I like my site's form, but I hope to improve it further.
    -Zee
    Last edited by zeedale; 17 November 2009 at 08:39 PM.