Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Access Violation exception at 0x77292634

Access Violation exception at 0x77292634

I get this frequently. Have to Quit XARA.

Anyone know what it is and how to fix it?
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Default Re: Access Violation exception at 0x77292634

Sadicus, when you say frequently is it all from the same xar or any xar file. Does the AVE number always remain the same or change? Can you attach a xar that's giving you this error message?
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

egg: is it all from the same xar or any xar file.
    It has occoured with several different .xar files. I have only had X5 for a few months, and only recently XXP5. Both versions give this type of error.

In this case The .xar file is a website.

egg: Does the AVE number always remain the same or change?
    Next time it happens, I'll check the AVE number and post it here.

AVE1: 0x77292634
    AVE2:

XXP5 is installed on C:\
    Client Files (.xar) are stored on External Hard Drive.

Vista 64 i7 QuadCore
    6MB ram
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 02 October 2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added quotes correctly

Hi sadicus,

I added the usual quote boxes to you post as it is much easier for people to read your posts if done this standard forum way.

Thanks Sadicus, I occasionally get the odd AVE but not frequently. Do you tend to use plug-ins a lot as these seem to generate an unfair amount of errors. Other than this I'd recommend keeping back-ups (bak) via Bill/Steve's excellent XaReg.

Unless you can remember the few steps you took prior to getting an AVE, then reproduce it, it's very difficult to say what could be causing the error.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thanks Sadicus, I occasionally get the odd AVE but not frequently. Do you tend to use plug-ins a lot as these seem to generate an unfair amount of errors. Other than this I'd recommend keeping back-ups (bak) via Bill/Steve's excellent XaReg.

Unless you can remember the few steps you took prior to getting an AVE, then reproduce it, it's very difficult to say what could be causing the error.
    Can you remember if you were using the text tool and changing fonts at the time because I have had the problems on many occassions and it always seems to happen while using the trext tool.

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 11 October 2009 at 02:07 AM.

If you could check this and see if it's repeatable with a certain font (or fonts) - please let Xara know which font seems to cause a crash, if possible send them the font (or fonts) which appear to cause problems.

OK Sledger, I will try to trace it to particular font(s). I feel pretty sure that the problem is related to the text tool and the fonts.
    Regards,

Dang, I did not notice what was going on when this error occurs, and I had a few more, but did not screen grab.

It seems to happen when I'm trying to save a file.

I have Installed the XXP5 CD version, and have not used it much.

I will better document the steps next time.

I get this a lot, and not from anything font related. It always happens when I'm zooming in and out and panning with the scroll wheel - all at a million miles an hr because with Xara that's just the speed you work. Different addresses each time. On both 32 and 64 bit XPPro machines. The 32 bit rig in particular has all high quality components, so I can't blame duff hardware. Having said that, it happens a lot more on the 64 machine.

It's taking me a while, but I'm gradually learning to slow down - and press save every 2 minutes. And I'm using that Saver utility mentioned in a previous thread on auto-save. & don't get me started on why we haven't got an auto-save like everything else?...