Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to put certain section of one image onto another in CS4

Hi,

Im pretty new to all this but hoping someone can give me some advice on how to add one image onto the background of another. I also need to know how to take particular bits of an image, say a writing section or picture (rather than the whole image) and then add to an image.

I have a surf shop and need to use certain bits of an image and sometimes not all so I can create the best look. Hope Ive been informative enough!

Thanks
    IP

Talking Re: How to put certain section of one image onto another in CS4

Hi

like everything in PS there are many ways. It very much depends on your two images ie do you want them to blend together etc.

What I'd is:

Open the first image and then open the second.

select the move tool and click on the second and whilst holding the mouse button down drag uo to the filename area of the fist image and then back down. The first image will open and when you release the mouse a new layer will be created with your second image on it.

Another way is to use the arrange documents button (top menu bar) and display the images letterbix style you can then drag one into another.

Once you have done that I'd use a layer mask to blend the layers

If in doubt upload an example of what you want and we'll all try to help

HTH

Ian
    IP

Default Re: How to put certain section of one image onto another in CS4

fogot to say if you only want part of an image using the crop tool to select the area you want works as it creates a new document, that you can drag and drop from.
    Ian
    IP

Default Re: How to put certain section of one image onto another in CS4

As Ian said just drag from one open file to another with the move tool and you can also move sections of an image in the same way, after selecting part of the image with the magic wand or whatever tool then just click on the move tool , click inside the selection( marching ants) the just drag and drop to the other image.
    IP