Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default page bakground color

Hi all!

I want to change the default page background. I understand that I can drag and drop a color for the color bar at the bottom of the page but it doesn't seem like I can alter that color at all. arrrgh.

I have also tried importing a color and placing into the bitmap gallery and setting the background that way. Then using tweak-thing to make "no tile" background. But the preview shows tons of white on every side. arrrgh.

I would prefer to simply change the color dragged and dropped from the color bar. Is there a way to do it that I'm not seeing?

Default Re: page bakground color

Hold down CTRL key as you drag from the colour line or from the bottom of the two squares on the colour editor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colour.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	66763  
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 14 October 2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: extra info
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Hi tmorgan, welcome to the forum!

You need to create a named color and put that on your background.

With your color dialog open, click the 'name' button to the top-right and name it 'BG' or whatever you decide.

Once named, you can select that color and control-drag it onto the page to change the page color.

Then you can use the color dialog to alter that named color in any way you choose.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

i am holding the control key. That's what makes the background color change from default to whichever color I've chosen from the color bar along the bottom.

I'm still not seeing how to make adjustments to those "stock" colors. I dont get a color editor pop up nor can i see how to get it to show.

sorry.

dogberth

That's it!! Thanks so much! Worked perfectly!

Glad you sorted it. This video may help. It goes a bit further into named colours.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

I'm VERY lax about naming my colors. I wish I were more diligent about it. THAT and using layers.

Once a color is named, you can alter every instance of it with a couple of clicks.

You can even have shades, or hues of that color.

Glad it worked!
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris