Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Text Links

Default Text Links

Really struggling here as novice user!

I have successfully linked to outside websites from text, have successfully linked to pages within my single file from buttons - but can not for the life of me link to pages within my single file from words in my text??

I have selected the text I want to link from, picked the name of the page I want to link to in the "link to page" pulldown, but it turns it blue (and does not underscore it although that appears to the default that I still have selected).

When I then preview, although the text is the same blue colour, it does not appear to be a link and nothing happens when I click on the text.

Any ideas???! Is it anything to do with the preview option - I have tried exporting and that does not appear to work either...

Thanks

Default Re: Text Links

Also realised that I appear to be able to link from some words to other pages successfully but not others? Now even more confused...?!

OK - so I've sorted myself by looking back in the forum and found a similar problem...

Looks like text may have been grouped with an image...

Thanks anyway! Serves me right for not looking back far enough

Welcome to TG Forums BBW,

Yes it always pays to search the forums first

I have been told that because Xara menu buttons are graphic search engines cannot follow them as they can with text links. Can anyone comment on this and if true how do I make text links?
    Many thanks,

Hi Peebs,

See covoxer's reply to a similar question in another thread. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...89&postcount=6
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Bill - sounds like an easy way out of the problem. I have , in the past put the text links in the blurb on the individualpages but it is sometime difficult to be able to include all the links into the text in a meaningful manner.
    Regards,