Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pop Up Images Full of Holes?

Thank you all for the great welcome!

Apologies, for the image quality, I'm trying a few things and unfortunately ran the oprimise image option and it created what you currently see.

I will get the originals reuploaded as soon as possible.

Interesting to see that this appears to be happening to some, and not to others. Thanks to gdavidson for the link, looks like this is an issue that may not be resolvable, although a little annoying if you're looking to have some nice large images with a lot of black in.

Either way, I'll get the originals back online as soon as possible so we can continue testing. I've also uploaded a new wedding gallery however this doesn't appear to be suffering from the same problem. At least from the images I've tried so far.

Siggi, how did you create these jpg's? I only see the effect in IE not firefox or chrome.
    http://www.screencast.com/t/SlEW5ul3kE It may be you're using a propriety type image. Even stranger that it should create such fuzzy images after you've optimised the large images.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

These images were created from the original RAW in Photoshop. Basically a few RAW adjustments then saved as jpgs to use on the site.

I realise my mistake on the optimise option, as I optimised the smaller resized thumbnails, so it actually performed this action for that size of image. So when they blow up to the full size they become heavily pixelated.

This is fixed in my other wedding gallery where I've optimised them myself in photoshop to be 300k images.

Incidentally at once stage Web Design stated that it had run out of memory. Is there are limit to web site sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by Siggi View Post
    Is there are limit to web site sizes?
    No, but there is a limit to what your PC can handle.
    If you import many large resolution images into Xtreme, the system has to keep them in memory. Even at 300k, a page full of JPGs will use a lot of memory. Remember that 300kb is the file size on disc, in memory it is uncompressed and much larger.
    This is a factor when working with graphical WYSIWYG web designer where all images and graphical elements are on display or in the bitmap gallery for that .web file while you are working on the design.