Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: HTML?

Default HTML?

I am researching to find a new web design program. Web Xtreme and pro look good but can you view the html is these programs or do I have to use a separate program for this?

Default Re: HTML?

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

You can view the code by selecting View > Page Source in your browser.

Xtreme and Web Designer are not HTML editing programs however.

I do like Xara's style and will probably use it. I am still old school though and would love to find a program that is like Xara but allows html tweeking also. Thanks for the info.

There is no reason why you can't tweak the code. You just need to do it in Wordpad or some other text editor.

I wouldn't suggest WordPad since it can throw in extra code behind the scenes even when you export as plain text. I use NoteTab Light. Others have recommended Note++. There are other free ASCII editors out there, so a little googling should turn up one that feels comfortable to you.

XWD and XX5 are very good at doing the HTML donkey work, the fine detail can often be achieved using custom code in place holders.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum for this discussion.

I wouldn't recommend editing the html at all. Not unless you're willing to do the same editing every time you export your web site. Are you going to remember what hand coding you did previously when you return to tweak the site in a months time. If you want to hand code, Web Designer / Xtreme is not the way to go in my opinion.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good point Egg.