Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adobe Photoshop CS4, help!

Hi,

I'm a web developer and I've recently changed from Adobe Photoshop CS3 to CS4 and I'm having a bit of trouble...

In CS3 when I wanted to create a new web graphic, first thing I'd do would be to create a new file, same in CS4 alls good, then I'd create a selection (usually the whole canvas) then use select->modify->smooth to create some nice smoothed edges, however, in CS4 I can't smooth, contract or anything! I'm guessing there is a relatively simple solution to this, I've tried googling and just messing around with things but I haven't managed to find anything of use...

All replies are much appreciated!
    IP

Default Re: Adobe Photoshop CS4, help!

Hi, just one of Adobes tricks to keep you on your toes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	66658  
    IP

To be honest guys, that's really not a good way to create the best/smoothest rounded corner effect anymore. That was "old skool" photoshop.

Now, you're much better off using the "Rounded Rectangle Tool" and making it a clipping group. Vector is always a better way to go when possible.

Mark...
    IP

The question was about changes in smooth selection from CS3 to CS4

Rather than impose my techniques on someone that sends in a post I think it is more helpful to them if that problem is dealt with in a way that relates to the question asked but if they asked is so and so a better way then, OK give options.
    Rod
    IP

Sorry RTW1, but i'd just rather bring people "into the light" than see them have to struggle in the old ways of the past. No matter what the technique or methodology is that's being pondered over.

Look at it this way... if Aaronds was using a more current method for this effect/purpose, he wouldn't have had to come here and asked for a solution to an out-dated technique.

That's all i'm trying to say.

peace

Mark...
    IP