Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I loaded Painter classic with my Wacom Tablet, but have since bought Painter 6. Does anyone know how to uninstall classic, disc doesnt have that option, and help doesnt help.
    Thanks
    IP

I loaded Painter classic with my Wacom Tablet, but have since bought Painter 6. Does anyone know how to uninstall classic, disc doesnt have that option, and help doesnt help.
    Thanks
    IP

truslle

this kind of info can be found in the windows manual. the procedure is as follows-

start>settings>control panel. in the folder click 'add/remove programs' icon. another window appears with a list of installed software, select painter classic then click 'add/remove' button. then follow the various dialogues... then you can have fun with painter 6 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

stecyk66 …
    IP

ok stecyk66,

but how would you uninstall a program from an imac?

hehehe

I bet that's the real question here.

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hi Trusslle
    Why remove Classic? I have kept them both on my machine. I sometimes use Classic to test out plugins and filter effects before I load them into Painter. I have also found it neat to have one set of plugins on Painter and a different setup on Classic. Then I can go back and forth with an image without having to load more stuff into Painter, it is like a second plugins folder ready to go.
    Unless you absolutely need the real estate, I would keep them both.

Regards,
    Greg.
    IP

trusslle

ok, this is how you uninstall on a mac

find the painter classic folder and then drag it to the trash.

stecyk66
    IP

You just got so used to seeing windows questions on this forum. . . you just overlooked the clue at the top of the posting

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] sounds like something I'd do (must be a bad influence on you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

I'll try to clean up my act [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

I thought if I just dragged the folder to the trash I may leave all sorts of things behind. No its not really a problem with leaving it there.
    Thanks for your help...
    IP

yes trusslle it is that easy!

though if you need to reinstall a software it is best to also delete the corresponding preferences folder for that application.

oh, what flavour is your iMac?

stecyk66
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

its grape (purple being my husbands favourite colour, it was easier to persuade him into the purchase.... I'm going to paint the room purple round it too. (Maybe then he'll also get over me buying Painter 6 and a wacom tablet....)
    IP