Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

Greetings
    I live in Toronto, Canada and am seeking anyone who is working with Xara Xtreme.
    I am relatively new at using the software on my HP Pavillion and am having some problems with understanding what I must do to create files that are able to be process printed. Particularly with imported photographs and RGB vs CMLK. I would like to work with someone in Toronto who is familiar with Xara and can tweek my project pages (14). This does not need to be considered as a freebee. I am willing to pay a fair price for such assistance.
    I can be reached at my Toronto Office 905 770 -4478.
    Hope someone is using this terrific software in my city.

Cheers

Howard Sandy

Default Re: Need some help

Welcome to TG Howard,

I have moved your thread out of Graphics Chat to the recommended forum.

Also, I invite you to review the Talkgraphics Guide regarding thread titles:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...3&postcount=10

Hi Howard, welcome.

Most printers when working with customers own work use the adobe PDF format and work with CMYK 4 colour seperation.

It is always best to work with CMYK photographs for the best output with 300dpi resolution, you would be surprised at the difference between RGB and CMYK when you are looking at print output.

I have not used Xtreme for printing but the output should work ok, when you have your design ready use file/export then select PDF and you will be shown an options box for your file.

If your pics are to be printed to the edge of your work area then you will need to bleed them iver the work area (overlap).

It is a good idea to talk to the printer you are considering using and they should be more than willing to give you pointers as reards output.

Hope this gives you some pointers.

Mike

I live in the west end (near Runnymede & Bloor). I'm not an expert like some of guys on TG but have been using Xara for a long time and happy to help if I can (no guarantees). Give me a call if you like 416 763 6183 or email p.lee.thompson@gmail.com
    Phil Thompson