Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default layers expansion

I'm not sure if ask this or not but I've not find how to achieve it, I read the manual many times without any success.
    I'd like to click over a shape or object and see where it is located inside the multiple layers I have, that is to say if I click on the objetc the corresponding layer should be automatically unfolded and show the dot over the object I selected.
    Maybe it exists and I don't understand it very well.
    Best regards
    Javier

Default Re: layers expansion

Hi Javier,

Objects selected on the canvas are also shown selected in the Object Gallery as you ask. Layer and group trees do not expand automatically however and I agree, this would be nice too.

Last edited by steve.ledger; 08 October 2009 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Layer and group trees do not expand automatically however and I agree, this would be nice too.
    They don't expand automatically because sometimes you may prefer to keep the expanded branch that you work with even when you temporarily select an object from different layer. To expand the layer of currently selected object, click "Find" button in the objects gallery.

Does it help?
    John.

Most excellently...

Opinion:

I think the Find button should be hi-lighted somehow when image is selected so user will notice it immediately.

This is the first time I've heard of this and been wishing for way to expand the Layers display for a very long time. This had a been a real pain in the neck.

Thumbs up Re: layers expansion

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    They don't expand automatically because sometimes you may prefer to keep the expanded branch that you work with even when you temporarily select an object from different layer. To expand the layer of currently selected object, click "Find" button in the objects gallery.

Does it help?
    Thank you very much to all for the replies.
    Im get used to using Fireworks that expands layers automatically, but I consider find button is right for me and maybe better.
    Thank you very much for the tip.
    Best regards to all.
    Javier