Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default adding further javascripts

i have exported a site created in WD and want to add lightbox style links. After adding the required script pointers (i'm using shadowbox.js) in the header however, the formatting and placement of my text content (unrelated to the link) becomes corrupted and the link doesn't activate the scrpits (using rel="shadowbox" in the markup).
    I have tried repositioning the script pointers in the header before and after the xara specific script roe.js to no avail.
    Can anyone tell me where i am going wrong?

Default Re: adding further javascripts

Welcome to the forums gehenna17,

Can anyone tell me where i am going wrong?
    Possibly. Are you are trying to edit the exported .htm ??
    This is not recommended. Xara Web Designer is not a html editor, it is a WYSIWYG graphical drag'n'drop layout designer with no internal html created during the design stage at all.

Any (successful) editing of the html post export will be completely overwritten and removed should you reopen your *.web project in Web Designer and and re export to .htm

XWD has it's own popup image function similar to Lightbox. Have you tried this?

Thanks for the reply Sledger ...

I want the lightbox style popups to be different from the image links so i don't think the image popup would work would it?

I have performed a workaround within xara tho ... I created a popup layer with a placeholder to a flash file that fades out the background and fades in the popup image. Looks better than shadowbox anyway!!

Hi gehenna17,

I need a lightbox type of effect as well that I can use with websites designed with Extreme 5 Pro.

How exactly were you able to achieve the effect with the flash file that fades out the background and fades in the popup image?

Also, how would you close the image?

Thanks

It's relatively straight forward to incorporate the Highslide lightbox effect into your xara pages by first using the HighSlide Editor and embedding the supplied code into placeholders.

Sample Page created in Xtreme Pro 5
    Download sample page including *.xar file. 2.14mb
    HighSlide Editor