Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: moving layers

Question moving layers

hi guys just a quick question - if i design a page with a drop down menu with selectable items can I then copy the layers onto another page or do I have to do it all manually

Cheers

Great forum by the way

Using Web Designer !

Default Re: moving layers

Have you tried 'Repeat on all pages' (in the Arrange menu)?

The way that I deal with this is to try to get that stuff out of the way near the beginning of the design so that I can just copy the first page as a basis for the others or you can go to the options and choose the options that says "same layers on all pages". To do this right, you really need to do it at the beginning of the process, as you will likely need to add some layers only on certain pages (not that they'll really hurt anything by just existing on other pages), and you can turn off the "same layers on all pages" part way through the process and it will stop creating new layers after than except for on the page you add them, and it won't delete your other layers either.

Does that make sense? Does that help?

Yeah thanks thats what I am doing - sorting the 1st page 1st with all the layers then I will duplicate the page - Thanks for your help

just a quickie I am watching a youtube vid on how to do a multi-level nav bar in xtreme 5 pro and when the guy clicks new document he gets mouseoff and mouseover layers but when i do it i just get a single layer called Layer 1 ???

cheerz

when the guy clicks new document he gets mouseoff and mouseover layers but when i do it i just get a single layer called Layer 1 ???
    Make sure your default template is a web document.

ahh i think ive done it - loaded a web page template in then saved it under a new name and ticked make default is that right seems to be working now

Thanks again

Yep - you got it