Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: File Extension

Unhappy File Extension

When creating my site I named the first page index.html. I would export it as index.html, but when I look at the files on my local machine it creates the index.html but also creates the index.htm file. Then, when I do an upload, it will only upload the index.htm file. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Default Re: File Extension

I have had the same problem. I was unable to get a resolution here, so I just resigned myself to the fact that the home page would be index.htm and that the site assets would be in index_htm_files instead of index_html_files

If you are just starting your site it make no difference and my advice to you is don't bang your head against this particular wall!

Good luck!

You have to set the page name and extension correctly in the export dialogue when you export your web site for the first time. The "Web Properties / Page /Page filename" property is ignored for the first page in the site.
    John.

That happens. For what it is worth, html takes precedence over htm. So if the browser finds an index.html file and there is an index.htm in the directory, it will load the index.html file.

What bothers me is if you export your home page as index.html, the other pages in your site have an htm file extension. I would think the extension would be consistent.

When each page is named *.html in the page properties, on export all pages are *.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-html.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	66519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	named-pages-html.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	66521  

Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Steve,

This has been my experience as well.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11