Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have created two Navbars in Webstyle 4, under the 'buttons' option. I each case the first button is on (mouseover state) but the url pointed to by the first button is not the one displayed, so it shouldn't be. In the main navbar this problem goes away once other buttons are clicked. In the other navbar the first button remains on at all times, or rather it goes off as another button is clicked but comes straight back on again as the page loads. Frames are used which may explain the different behavior but they both have the problem of the first button being on. I have seen similar problems reported a lot but the solution has been sent privately. Has this solution been posted anywhere? I have to get my site out in the next 3 days so any help much appreciated!
    I understand that a button will display as mouseover if the url pointed to by the button is the one displayed, that is OK.
    The site under development can be seen at http://web.onetel.net.uk/~ansharpe/usa.htm if required. The main navbar does not keep the first button on, the navbar under products does.

The web site has moved on since the post and it is just the products nav bar that shows the problem because a)the first button always remains on and b)when you first go to the products page the button that is on is not the page that is displayed.

Holy cow, I am having exactly the same issue with a menu.

The left-most button (first) remains in the 'mouse-over' state, and you never get to see it in the 'off' state. Since I created several menus for the page, I thought the Java was getting goofy.

No matter how I change it, the same problem occurs. I wish you luck, and myself too. If you got this resolved, please advise.

-=K=-

This was the reply I received which sorted the problem. How you solve the problem when the nav nar is not in the main frame, I don't know!:
    HI

Can you edit the vertical navbar please and remove the entry from the target field for each of the buttons?

The navbar is already located within the mainframe and for this reason there is no need to enter anything within the target field. Leaving it empty will be sufficient and should prevent the incorrect state from being displayed

Regards
    CS

Worked for me, too!

Unfortunately, the trade off was NOT having the button open a page in a new window. Oh well, one of these days the bugs will be out.

Thanks!

[Please see below]

[please see below]

To Sharpspark and musa

Firstly, massive apologies as I deleted your posts by accident. Instead of replying to musa's post, I edited it. Realising what I'd done, in then trying to correct the post I went and edited Sharkspark's. I must need more sleep or something. So again, big apologies.

However, this was my reply to musa.

I've already emailed Tech support (last Thursday) and have not received a reply since then - I've expereinced this before in the past.
    The only support ticket we have open for your email address is #1178. You received a reply to that ticket on Jan 5, and no further correspondence has been received from you.

The comprehensive FAQs that's referred to on the website has only 10 FAQs listed.
    That is called the "top 10 FAQs", because it is the top ten only. I would suggest searching the knowledge base (to the left of the FAQs).

Even though Webstyle is A1, the support from Xara is really poor. Xara really need to keep their customers happy, otherwise they will go elsewhere.
    If you do not reply to a ticket after an email has been sent about your problem, then we can only assume that the ticket is solved. That does not warrant support being "really poor". Indeed, we can't support you if you don't reply or don't contact us. So please respond to the previous ticket or create a new one (just click the "Contact Support" link via one of the FAQs or from a knowledgebase article) and we'll try to help.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hi There.

Okay, my apologies first of all for any criticisms aimed at the support side - I still think the software is great.

I've accepted the notioin that the first key on the menu will be hi-lighted by default, and have structured my menu accordingly. However, is there a solution or work-around for this?

Thanks. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

musa, I don't know I'm afraid. But if you submit a ticket, I'll make sure our tech team sees it.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.