Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Last try

Default Last try

I would like to know if someone can help me out on one or both of the following:

1. On a pop-up layer: how to make contents scroll (for example div tagged, not an iframe)

2. On a pop-up layer: insert a Flash file that can be controlled by a button (something like an action script) (i can add flash file to placeholder, just the flash itself is what i am after)

Thanks much

Default Re: Last try

2. On a pop-up layer: insert a Flash file that can be controlled by a button (something like an action script) (i can add flash file to placeholder, just the flash itself is what i am after)
    How are you creating your flash?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry just got in from work...

The flash work done is basically like what you did in a demo, fading in and out; but it has links embedded linking to separate web pages upon clicking.

What i want is
    However, to post news & announcements on a layer for today's news
    and yesterday's news on a separate layer
    this is the goal, keeping past news active and a click away.
    (the news are sometimes long with pictures and a scrollable method is the way to go. but i don't want any iframe for this)

For now i am taking the news and announcement text (making sure it's about 400px wide) and grouping it,
    then i resize the group to about 200px wide and allow on-click to pop it up up to 400px.
    The pop-up then has the text in its original size and a scroll bar appears if the content is too long.

A better way is to pop-up a layer that can scroll the contents.
    but as i stated earlier i don't want to use iframes.

Since flash in extreme cannot do action scripting (scroll), can it however do a clever - next page... or cont... link, to manually move from one frame to another frame?,
    this would suffice as long as it can be done on any given layer.

Phew

I hope that explains what i am after a lil clearer
    Last edited by mljk; 03 October 2009 at 02:18 AM. Reason: added 'lil' just before clearer

First question must be why don't you want to use Iframes?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I love the way Xtreme handles iframes,
    it is by far the quickest way to have complex contents done in minutes.

In fact i use iframes on the more complicated pages with 100% satisfaction.

But on the index page, iframes is not my cuppa tea,
    tried it didn't like it for several reasons including the ratings,
    however flash doesn't affect this.

I did some research and i am happy with the Flash part of my wishes.

In Xara Xtreme Pro 5 Help..

and as per the directions in the Advance Flash Commands sub section Stop and Goto Commands,

i added the following: ;Stop

after each of the Frame-name.

This made the flash remain on the first frame,

to have the 1st Frame move to the next frame i simply added the words: read more...

then open the Web Properties dialog, highlight the words: read more... and on the Link-Tab selected - Jump to drop down - Frame-2.

On Frame-2 i added the text: back to page1, highlighted it and link it to the 1st frame.

Works like a charm.