Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default easily convert many large jpg to one smaller jpg

Greetings and thanks for any help. Could someone please tell me how I might easily convert many large jpg to one smaller jpg. Simply, I take numerous photos with a number of different cameras and save in large jpg form to desktop (no choice on how to save). Id like to be able to - with as few key strokes as possible - somehow import, combine, whatever - them into one document and then convert them to much lower resolution. therefore being easily able to email one lower res doc. Right now I have to open each individually, lower res, and then copy and paste to get same results. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    IP

Default Re: easily convert many large jpg to one smaller jpg

This is very easy in Corel PhotoPaint. You need to create a script. Open the Window Menu and select Dockers... now select Recorder (Ctrl +F3). When the Docker opens, click on the "New" icon. Now click on the red record button.
    This will now record your actions, so select the Image Menu and Resample... and adjust all the values you want to change in the dialogue box that opens, then click the "OK" button. In the docker, click the stop button (next to the record button). Now go up to the save icon in the docker and give the recording (or script as it is known) a name like "resize 50%" or whatever.
    When you open your next photo, just press the "Play" icon in the docker and that's it. Repeat just the last instruction for all your photos.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: easily convert many large jpg to one smaller jpg

You could try a batch pic converter, I use "PIXresizer" a free one from here and then import the resized/resampled pics into your program for e-mailing. I don't know of a program that can do the whole trick in one go, that's - resizing the pics, then adding them to a page at the same time ready for despatch to email recipients.

Cheers - George
    IP