Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default slight variations in design when exported to pdf

hi guys
    when i export a flyer design to pdf, everything seems fine except for all the 'L' letters in my titles that appear bolder than the rest, its wierd because its only thes 'L' letters that appear different in pdf, any suggestions?
    HH
    'I'm comin to you now, I'm just around the corner!'
    Bespoke art and design by Herbie Hysteria. http://www.artbyherbie.com

Default Re: slight variations in design when exported to pdf

What version are you using cos that can make the difference. Would copy your text into a hidden layer so that you can edit your text if later you require to change anything and then convert text to shapes through "Covert to editable shapes" and then export. This also happens in Illustrator when a certain font is used and used to happen often in the older version of XPro
    Design is thinking made visual.

I believe I'm right in saying that with some fonts in particular this is completely normal. Every type of software capable of creating PDFs will show a similar result. You'll notice that if you zoom in and out on-screen the emboldening of the Ls only becomes apparent at differing zoom levels. When you print the document out I can assure you that it will print normally. You could convert the text to curves if the flier is only intended for print but this does have the disadvantage that were it to be used on-screen your reader wouldn't be able to select the text or if they are partially sighted no text reader would be able to decipher it.
    Last edited by hamishmacd; 29 September 2009 at 09:48 AM.

hamish, your suggestion seems like the best scenario, i suppose i will just have to wait for a call from the printers, thanks! HH
    'I'm comin to you now, I'm just around the corner!'
    Bespoke art and design by Herbie Hysteria. http://www.artbyherbie.com

HH,
    I can confirm what Hamishmacd told you, it depends of poor on-screen rendering of Adobe Acrobat; usually it happens with l's or capital I's.
    Printing will be ok.

Luciano