Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fill in the (Bottle Cap) Blank

Well, I made one for empty bottles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emptea.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	66572  
    be aware, not to become a ware.

No contents? No bottle!

Name:	cap_special_offer.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	66574  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Ankhor and neodeist, you are both pioneers in an ingenious marketing strategy. Both bottle caps look good and will, no doubt, generate brisk sales. ;-)

Red face Re: Fill in the (Bottle Cap) Blank

Hi to all.
    I'm new here (i registered yesterday), not so much proffesional experience, but i have wanted to participate in this Challenge...
    And here i go with my first version Beer Cap , inspired on the Beer-candy mix idea that Homer Simpson Wanted to buy at the Kwik-e-markt in one episode.

From Spain, Héctor Montoya (imagine)

Name:	imagineCapv1.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	66678  

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Hi to all.
    I'm new here (i registered yesterday), not so much proffesional experience, but i have wanted to participate in this Challenge...
    And here i go with my first version Beer Cap , inspired on the Beer-candy mix idea that Homer Simpson Wanted to buy at the Kwik-e-markt in one episode.

From Spain, Héctor Montoya (imagine)
    p.D:-I didn't saw that the base-design of the cap was uploaded and published..xD if i would know it i didn't pass 1 hour trying to imitate it.

Next time i will read better the posts.

Greetings from Spain
    Fdo:Héctor Montoya (Imagine)

Héctor,

Welcome to TalkGraphics and a special thank you for your participation in my Bottle Cap Challenge.

It looks like you're a 'natural' and have picked up the workings of Xara Xtreme in almost no time. Great job on the underlying cap as well as the decorative graphic. I got a chuckle out of your Homer Simpson candy-beer theme. Keep up the good work.

BTW, most (but not all) challenges usually have a base graphic or jumping off point so it is definitely in your best interest to read the first couple of posts in a challenge thread.

I look forward to seeing you expand on your Xtreme skill set,
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    BTW, most (but not all) challenges usually have a base graphic or jumping off point so it is definitely in your best interest to read the first couple of posts in a challenge thread.
    With the exception of the monthly scribbles, all challenges are open to interpretation by the members who may use the software of their choice and not be restricted to using a source file provided by the OP.
    The Challenge forum is open to everyone, and every graphics application, natural media or photography tool you use to express yourself.
    The forum was created with "fun", "sharing" and "learning" in mind, a supportive forum where everyone can participate, learn from each other, and build upon previous ideas and concepts. Imagery, ideas and concepts you post here can be used to create derivative works - for posting in this one forum only.

Héctor's submission and creating his own bottle cap base is perfectly acceptable and fits this forum's guidelines and intentions.

Red face Re: Fill in the (Bottle Cap) Blank

Ok, thanks to all. I have only made it for fun and for self-learning (i think that was the main idea ),and i will try to continue in that way.

As I said before , I didn't saw or try to open the file that Hay Tay gave. (I have read the previous posts, but it's the first time that I enter in this forum as a member (and third time as a visitor), and the attached fileshere were a mistery for me ).

In addition i've enjoyed trying to imitate the cap base and I'm very pleased to know all the explanations the moderator(sledger) wrote.(I'm new here,i've read the rues faq's, but i didn't know how the challenges works ).

In any case, thanks for your opinions, and sorry about my english skill level
    Imagine
    Héctor Montoya
    Last edited by Imagine; 11 October 2009 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Héctor's submission and creating his own bottle cap base is perfectly acceptable and fits this forum's guidelines and intentions.
    Too true. And, as I stated, Héctor did a mighty fine job of creating his own bottle cap base. Kudos to Héctor for his superb effort.

I was just trying to save him a bit of time from having to re-invent the wheel (or bottle cap) in the future if one was already provided.

No worries,
    Harry

Part of a balanced diet

Name:	bottle_cap_challenge_balance.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	66735  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64