Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Lightbulb Fill in the (Bottle Cap) Blank

We've all seen 'em, I hope. I'm talking about those glass bottles with the metal bottle caps that are both functional and decorative. This challenge focuses on the 'decorative' part.

Imagine, for a moment, that you're starting a new home brew business or about to offer a line of uniquely flavored sodas to the local marketplace. Since today's focus is on 'going green' you've decided to use returnable/recyclable glass bottles for your product(s). Plus, you've always secretly liked the look and feel of glass bottles. Everything is going smoothly and production is about to ramp up when you suddenly realize that you can no longer use boring, unadorned bottle caps for your product line.

Thus, the challenge is to create bottle cap artwork for your unique line of beer and/or sodas with a focus on your target market, all before production begins. For those that want an additional challenge, try to incorporate the 'Blend along a curve' or 'Fit text to curve' features of Xara Xtreme into your design. I used both features to create my 'Xtreme Cream Soda' bottle cap in order to get things rolling (see attachment).

I whipped up a vector bottle cap blank that you can use as your canvas (download the XAR file below). While one of Xara's fine products is the preferred software for this challenge, you're more than welcome to use any software at your disposal to design the bottle cap artwork for your new beverage line.

Don't limit yourself to just one!,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bottle Cap - Xtreme Cream Soda - ©2009 HayTay.gif 
Views:	891 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	66204  
    Attached Files Attached Files