Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Showing Large Panoramas

I've always found it problematic showing detail in large panoramic shots online in a way that does not readily give away the whole photo in a digital form. It then struck me that MS Photostory could be made to do a sweep of the pertinent areas, effectively turning the photo into a video.

Sadly, it doesn't handle jpegs more than 7200 pixels wide (I needed 11,000) and the editing tools don't allow seamless zooming in and out on selected areas of a photo. It also seems to produce a visual stutter every few seconds! I think I am pushing it to its limits

I think I'll need to find another app to do this...

Picture is St.Cyrus beach and the tune is another unfinished effort on my behalf, called "Highway"... there is more of it but it must be 3 years ago I gave up on it!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Graeme
    IP

Default Re: Showing Large Panoramas

Neat! Music too! I know XXP5 has 360 panorama and ships* with a separate Magix Panorama Studio - though I haven't played with the latter, it might do what you want.

* At least, it's on my programs list so I must have git it somewhere!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Default Re: Showing Large Panoramas

Thanks John! Thankfully, I can create the panoramic images without a problem (using Autopano Giga 2/Autopano Tour); I'm struggling presenting it on the internet in a way it's less likey to get pinched

Being taken on a video guided tour (to a soundtrack!) of selected parts of an image without showing the whole thing in all its detail would be a handy and PhotoStory came quite close to achieving that. Surprisingly Movie Maker doesn't appear to offer similar functionality with static images.

Having googled and seen some shocking prices for high end apps to do this, I think MoviePlusX3 might be able to do it, but I fear it may have the same pan/zoom limitations as PhotoStory. Not only do I need to storyboard the images, I need to be able to script the pan/zoom of the virtual camera! It's all getting rather out of hand
    Graeme
    IP