Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Export problems

Default Export problems

I am brand new to Painter 11 and so far love it. I've created a couple of paintings and have been doing a lot of playing. But I came across a problem and can't seem to figure out. I created a watercolor painting. Looks fantastic in Painter, but when I open it in CorelPhoto-Paint, it looks awful. There are several layers of watercolor, colored pencil and a bit of acrylic paint. I put the whole painting on a colored background. The colored pencil and paint layers look fine, the watercolor layer looks like it was "grayed" out.
    I've created other paintings with the acrylic paint in layers and it looks just fine in CorelPhoto-Paint. It's this watercolor painting that looks awful. Whats up that that? I tried saving it in several file types, PNG, JPG but they all come out the same.

Here are the two screen shots to compare the differenced

Painter screen shot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Painterscreen.png 
Views:	261 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	66180

Corel Photo-Paint screen shot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CorelPhoto-Paintscreen.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	175.6 KB 
ID:	66181

It looks like something as been turned off or ???

Moderator Note: Please see rules regarding the attaching of images
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 26 September 2009 at 07:35 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Export problems

I believe it is probably due to the colour management in both programs not being set to the same profile. Or the Default set up being strange in Photo-Paint.

Here's some guide for you to change them.

Corel-Photo-Paint-ColorManagement.jpg

Corel-Painter-ColorManagement.jpg

Also, just incase you didn't know, even though the newest Corel Photo-Paint can now open Painters file format .rif (versions prior to X4 could not I believe), it still doesn't 'read' the 'watercolour' layer format of a .rif (only Painter has this layer type) and will convert it to another format, probably 'multiply'. So if you save in Photo-Paint the layers will no longer be watercolour layers.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Fes; 09 October 2009 at 07:46 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Export problems

Thanks, I went to each program and checked the settings you suggested. They are both the same. I did go back and have a closer look at the paint program and found the setting at the top of the layers was only at 50%. When I adjusted this, it imported just fine into Photo-Paint. It's all the different settings I'm still getting used to. I don't know why it was set different than the default, but I make sure it's at 100% from now on. OK, on to the next problem.
    IP