Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Website Export is Un-freakin'-believable!

I just finished doing my first ever Xara-only website. Without building up to it or anything else, I managed to make a 12-page site with pop-ups and download links, embedded video and mp3 players and all manner of things I have never attempted in any website before. And it all just worked.
    It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen - it knew which graphics were common to several pages and only saved them once and using placeholders for embedded video and music players was ridiculously easy. It seemed to know every little thing it needed to do to optimise the site perfectly.
    I'm lost for words to describe how freakishly straightforward it all was. I am in awe of the genius behind this seemingly simple addition to Xtreme. It has certainly made XXPro 5 the best update I have had in the 11 or 12 years I've owned Xara.
    If you're interested, you can check it out at http://www.novakill.com All made from scratch without using templates or anything and it really only took a few nights to pull together, once I had the page layout down.

Default Re: Website Export is Un-freakin'-believable!

Wow, very impressive site--really slick!
    Manoj

Very cool BONES.. I like it a lot

Only error I found was a missing zip download on the skins page:

http://www.novakill.com/zip/blueSTEELskin.zip

I'll move this thread as you've posted in the wrong forum BONES.
    XWD and Xtreme created websites to show off should be posted in the: Xara Forums > Xara Galleries > Xara Web Gallery

I posted it in the forum I wanted to post it in. It's not an ad for my site, it's support for Xara Xtreme Pro 5. How about you do me the courtesy of asking before you stomp your jackboots all over my thread?
    I'll happily remove the link if that helps, I only put it there because I figured it supported the post. There has been so much whining about the web export functionality in Xtreme, I was trying to provide a little balance. Now it's hidden away where no-one who is interested in that particular discussion is likely to find it.

But thanks for finding the missing link, it's a brand new thing and I forgot to zip it up and upload it.

Ok BONES, if it's only discussion about Xtreme's "Un-freakin'-believable Website Export" - then the thread belongs in the: Xara Forums > Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme forum.

Good to see positive input for Xara Xtreme Pro 5. I know people have complained about the lack of new vector tools (myself included) but a program that can produce the quality of website such as yours, has got to command respect.
    Great work, BONES.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thumbs up Re: Website Export is Un-freakin'-believable!

Bones I am really feeling this site - Nice one guy, a well created site...
    Last edited by ArchersPromo; 25 September 2009 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Ok BONES, if it's only discussion about Xtreme's "Un-freakin'-believable Website Export" - then the thread belongs in the: Xara Forums > Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme forum.
    Great, except that it took me several minutes just to find that forum, it is so far removed from the actual Xara Xtreme forum, which is the only one I ever look at. It's not about web sites, it's about Xara Xtreme Pro 5. You need to realise that the first forum a prospective new user will visit is the product's own forum. If you remove positive comments to some other obscure forum, then all that is left is the negative stuff. If you'd rather the Xara Xtreme forum only contained negative comments, then I won't bother with anything positive in the future.
    What you seem not to understand is that the web export functionality only represents about 1% of the work done in Xara on a site. All the rest of it is all about vector and raster art, all manipulated in XXPro. What if I had wanted to talk about the PS plugin functionality that I used on many of the photos? If I'm doing it to make them compress smaller [which is why I use "Television" on them], does that instantly make it a web discussion? Of course it doesn't! Read my first post again - I am not discussing web graphics or websites, I am talking about XXPro 5.

Really, this is ****ing me off badly. I suppose what they say is true - no good deed goes unpunished. Well, I should learn my lesson and, given that I have received an official warning, it's unlikely I will bother with talkgraphics in the future. It is clearly way over-moderated by people with too much time on their hands and a demonstrably poor understanding of how other people use these forum.

hi,
    I support Bones' comments to some extent, I think the forum is broken up into too many subforums and find it confusing where to post. I have posted numerous times in the wrong 'forum' only to be moved.
    I also get lost in the navigation of the various 'forums'.
    JmG

A moderator decision has been made that this thread is more suited to the TalkWeb forum. This is the function of the moderators. It has nothing to do with the positive aspect of the original posters comments or it's "visibility" with regard to which forum he considers the more superior/popular.

Please feel free to comment on the OP but avoid commenting on moderation decisions of which forum a thread belongs in.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host