Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Video Upload

video Video Upload

Excuse me if this is duplicate. Some could maybe point me in the right direction.

I am having a problem getting my video to work. I am using Web Designer and my video is Adobe Flash CS3. My browser is IE7.

1) I created a placeholder and chose "Replace with Flash". My video would not show up inside of Web Designer or on my server. I even tried putting the placeholder on a different layer and it still would not show up.

2) I republished my movie from Adobe Flash again and then tried to use the HTML file. It shows locally on my computer but not on my site.

I have been search this and the Adobe forum for the last day and a half and I really need some help. The site is not live yet but the page can be reached at http://64.22.87.10/~magicorg/mc_m4k.html. I've also attached a copy of my .web

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Video Upload

Hi Sharon, Welcome to TG.

Looking at the source code of your site it appears you have added a lot of (unnecessary) Adobe source code and introduced two <body sections to your page. This is wrong.

Looking at your .web file I can see you have added this code to the 'Replace with html code' area which isn't correct in this case. You only need to add the .swf via the 'Replace with Flash' function - nothing else, Web Designer will apply the correct code on export and copy the flash file to the publish folder..
    You cannot view the Flash in Web Designer or in IE 'locally' due to security zone restrictions, but it should work once exported and viewed in another browser such as Chrome or FireFox.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharon.png 
Views:	308 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	66134

I republished the .swf and called it mcpromo3.swf. I added to the placeholder like you said and uploaded it. I still can not see it in IE, Chrome or Firefox. Could you suggest something else?

Sharon, can you upload your new web file? It's difficult to comment on otherwise.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This is the web file. I have YouTube in the placeholder spot right now, but I really would like to try and get this workig
    Attached Files Attached Files

Talking Re: Video Upload

Solution to my problem!

After much searching I finally found an answer on the Adobe website. I only added two additional steps and my video is now working in IE. I use Adobe Flash CS3 and Web Designer (which I love).

1) When defining the Parameter Source in Flash, make sure you use an absolute web address to your .flv file(i.e. "http://www.yoursite.com/index_htm_files/movie.flv").

2) Upload the movie.flv to that location.

Everything else can be done as directed. My movie ran with no problem after I included these steps.

Thanks to everyone who helped.