Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Website rendering as a blank page

Are you using a reliable web hosting company? When you say the page is blank what happens if you try to view the page source?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thats strange, going direct to the order page produces a blank but going to it via the index page works ok

FF 3.5.3 Vista

Hi and thanks for suggestion. The page source shows up fine.
    I've now done an experiment ungrouping the 2nd text box on orderpage.htm so that it is html code rather than a graphic. It is now opening much more consistently, as is index.htm.
    However another page, about.htm, which still has both the first textboxes grouped with the header graphic, is still coming up blank a lot of the time. So I think the problem may stem from a lack of plain html. I'm now going to try the same experiment on about.htm and hope that solves the problem.
    Thanks everyone.
    Linda

You have broken the code somehow ... validator.w3.org

Have you edited the html output and/or used place holders?

The only editing I've done to the html output is to add some javascript and a couple of input lines to the sign-up form.
    However these were not on index.htm and that was acting up too at first.
    Linda

Hmm, your index page validates ok but gives random results every time I refresh the page - even though the code remains the same. Very strange

The only editing I've done to the html output is to add some javascript and a couple of input lines to the sign-up form.
    Unless you're really sure of what you're doing I'd leave the html editing alone. WD is designed as a WYSIWYG editor. Your site is very simple set of images in a single column so it's almost certainly the inclusion of the javascript that's causing the odd behaviour. Why don't you use a placeholder to add the script?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Using Placeholder is no good as the script is in three parts: one for the head section, one to go at the start of body and the third in the place required in the text. I'm pretty experienced with creating web pages from scratch. Can't think why this script should cause problems, and it isn't included in index.htm and thankyou.htm, which have also been causing problems. I don't think there's anything wrong with the server, as I've got a Webstyle 4 site on the same server and it's fine.
    I've also created a page called test.htm which I check from time to time and that seems fine.
    One of those mysteries I suppose..
    Linda

I am not overly familiar with Javascript but should <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> be <script type="text/javascript"> ?

or maybe lower case instead of upper case ?

just a stab in the dark

Not sure about that myself. I bought the script ready-made but I do trust the author.
    Linda