Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Unhappy Website rendering as a blank page

Hi, I've created a website with Web Designer
    http://www.flat-stomach-secrets.com/index.htm
    http://www.flat-stomach-secrets.com/orderpage.htm

But these pages keep rendering as totally blank when I access them online.
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's happening most of the time but not all the time. I'm using Firefox 3.

Help please!
    Linda

Default Re: Website rendering as a blank page

Welcome to TG. Rendering perfectly for me Linda.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

There does not appear to be a problem with the pages displaying content.

As you are a new member, and this is your first post, this post could be considered SPAM.

Considering I've been working on trying to eliminate this problem for several hours today it's a bit insulting to have my post called spam. The order process isn't even live yet. I put both addresses because I thought maybe the amount of graphics on orderpage.htm might have 'confused' the browser. I've been wondering whether I should maybe switch to a conventional program as this is the first project on which I've used Web Designer.

I really appreciate people checking out the pages - thanks. I did search the forum to see if this problem has happened to anyone else, but couldn't see anything. If anyone else has had this problem I'd be very glad to know what caused it in your case.

Thanks again
    Linda

You could try refreshing your browser or clearing your cache. shift-F5 will force a reloading of the page instead of using the cache on your computer.

Also, you could try another browser.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Welcome to the forum Linda

I found the forum rules for you :-) ... Moderators, maybe this info could be linked more prominently.

Your pages seem to working OK now. I recommend doing a CTRL+F5 to refresh if you view your pages immediately after upload.

Hi and thanks for the replies. It was when I hit Ctrl F5 that the problem occurred so I knew it was not my cache that was causing it. I also tried IE and got the same problem - again intermittently.

It does seem to be ok at the moment though it was happening both yesterday and most of today. Fingers crossed! I appreciate all your replies
    Linda

@Drwyd, the TG Forum Rules are emailed to all new members on registration.
    The location of the Forum Rules at TG has been recently changed to ensure they are easily accessible by all who seek them.

@Linda, TG has zero tolerance to spam which unfortunately we do get daily in large serves.
    90% of it is never seen by members because the moderator team deal with it quickly, some of it is quite offensive.

New members posting links to their commercial sites is often treated with suspicion and while not intended to offend we do need to make mention of the Rules.

May I suggest that should you have problems or errors with your XWD built pages that you simply attach your Web Designer file (*.web) to a post for us to look at?
    If there is a problem with the file which is causing the issue you have described, someone here will likely find it for you and help out with a solution.

And Welcome to TG from me too

Hi guys, on other help forums if you don't give the url you get told off as people say 'how can we help you when we don't know the address of your site?" I thought I was being helpful. Didn't notice any rules, but wasn't really looking for them as I had other things on my mind.
    Sites that don't allow hyperlinks usually have settings that prevent them automatically. I'm not saying that's what you should do, but nobody innocent likes being called a spammer....
    All is forgiven. I think Web Designer is great. I used Webstyle 4 for years and loved that too. In fact I think I was at the original Webstyle launch at a trade show. I remember the magician doing tricks
    Linda