Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How mouse over exactly works?

I noticed that (if I use only text for rollover effect) mouse over state appears on top of mouse off state. Which means that booth mouse off and mouse over are visible at the same time. In that case, mouse over state text looks noticeably heavier. Is it possible to hide mouse off state of text while mouse over trigger mouse over?

Regards

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: How mouse over exactly works?

I can't test this at work, but I believe that it will function like what you are after...

If you convert your text in both your mouse off and mouse over states to shapes, it will convert them to graphics (as opposed to being text) and that should take away the boldness from one state to another.

If that doesn't work, then add a background shape to both layers and make them 99.5% transparent and that should take care of the problem.

Hope that helps.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by srdjan View Post
    Is it possible to hide mouse off state of text while mouse over trigger mouse over?
    No...........
    John.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Are your mouseover and mouseoff states the same size? If they are then you shouldn't have a problem. If they aren't, then you might need to add some background behind your smaller state to hide the larger state behind it.

I just ran a test here and found that when my mouseover and mouseoff text were the same size I didn't see one behind the other.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    No...........
    Good to know

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    Are your mouseover and mouseoff states the same size? If they are then you shouldn't have a problem. If they aren't, then you might need to add some background behind your smaller state to hide the larger state behind it.

I just ran a test here and found that when my mouseover and mouseoff text were the same size I didn't see one behind the other.

Eric
    Good idea. I will try that.