Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Learn how to do a 3D Logo

Good afternoon

First I apologize if my English is not the best, because this is a translation.

Needed help to learn how to put a logo in 3D to run.

I've been reading "Making a bitmap logo spin in Xara3D Part 1" and "Making a bitmap logo spin in Xara3D Part 2" but I only whatsoever for symbols in a circle or round.

My logo is a house that has nothing round.

Someone can give me a help to learn how to do it? I want to learn, I do not want to do it to me!

Thanks

Greetings

David

Default Re: Learn how to do a 3D Logo

Hello David, welcome to the forum. Have a look at my tutorial for beginners. Below this message there is a link to it; a .pdf file you can download. Ask any questions you want. Always someone here to give you advice.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Ok, thank you "IAMTHEBLUES".

Until now, i have make with the "shape edit tool" and do all the Outlines on the logo I want to do 3D.

The next step at the tutorial is “ As you do this, you will see a “+” sign appear on the cursor and when the shape has completed, it will fill with colour (default is black) (Fig. 4).” But I can´t make that my logo fill and stays black?

What I’m doing wrong?

If you could help me!

Thank you very much

David

David, it is possible that not all of the nodes are connected. With the shape selected, and the Shape Editor Tool selected, use the tab key on the keyboard to scroll through each of the nodes in your shape. You may be able to see that 2 nodes are placed very close together but are not joined. If you see this, select one of the nodes and drag it on to the one next to it and the shape should fill. If you still have this problem, you can post the .xar file I will look at it and see what the problem is.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Sory...i can't do it, i can't solve the problem... when i try to do what you said, i always end to put another point, or move de node.

I think it is something very simple but i can't reach it

If you could just look one second to the drawing just so i can pass to the next fase, with Xara 3D.

Thank you very much Bob

Ps:. Where can i send you the file?

David

Can you upload it to the forum? Then we can all join in and help. Click on the reply button, add your message and scroll down to the "Manage Attachments" button. Click on the "Choose" button and navigate to where your file is kept on your hard drive. Then click the "Upload" button. The .xar file would be best.
    I am going to bed now, so I won't be looking at the forum for more than 8 hours, but someone else may help you before then.
    Saludos,
    Bob

Ok Bob thank you very much

I will upload the file, if anyone can help me, i thank.

Note: It is only the house....the two pieces left are to delete ( but i don't no how to delete it too, that is because they are there )

Best reguards

David
    Attached Files Attached Files

David,

First, a big welcome to TalkGraphics. I hope you stick around for many more projects to come.

Second, you must have one continuous line to make a shape and not 20 separate lines. I've attached a new version of your file for you to take a look at. Hopefully, this will get you started and you can see how it is done.

Good luck,
    Harry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	David's House_01.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	65976  
    Last edited by HayTay; 19 September 2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Modified attached graphic

Welcome. Looking at your xar whilst Harry was replying. Same comment, to create a shape you must have one continuous line that is finally closed.

Here's what you currently have.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good afternoon to all

First I want to thank Mr. Iamtheblues for his excellent tutorial, without it would be very difficult to have made the logo.

I also thank Sr. HayTay and Sr. Egg Bramhill without the precious help with continuum line, would not have got through that step.

Finally, send the file of the logo finalized, I hope you like.

Note: Just one last question, I walked around all the options but could not remove the tip of the roof of the black circle that is there, in the textures options I think what is best is 97%, but this value does not vanish the black roof! If you can give-me this last tip I thank you.

I will Be a frequent visitor of this forum to try to help here, as I become increasingly experienced in the design of logos in Xara 3D

Thanks everyone

Greetings

David