Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clouds brush

Default Clouds brush

Looked at brushes A to Z can't see clouds. Any available?

Default Re: Clouds brush

Frances (angelize) has made a very good one at Post #16 here.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

As puffy clouds go they are quite good. I was looking for cumulus nimbus. BTW can Photoshop brushes be imported into XXP5?

If they are just a bitmap (Photoshop brushes) then yes you can use them but you need to create a new brush with the bitmap.

Remember to uncheck Tile Fills in the Edit Brush > Fill Properties dialog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bitmap-brush.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	66040  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello syntagm, According to information found on Environment Canada's(Canada's national weather service) website a cumulus cloud is a very dense puffy cloud and nimbus means with rain. By adjusting colours, line thickness and transparency I did these examples with the cloud brush is this what you had in mind?

Name:	cumulus clouds.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	66050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cumulus clouds 2.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	66051  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by syntagm View Post
    As puffy clouds go they are quite good. I was looking for cumulus nimbus. BTW can Photoshop brushes be imported into XXP5?
    Why not draw your own?

Stygg
    Attached Files Attached Files

To all who replied - thank you. There is a Photoshop brush here photo-shop-brush.com/nature-brushes/cloud-brushes that does the job I had in mind. Looking for and finding a brush is just for time-saving. The alternative would take too long. Thanks again. syntagm.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 September 2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: corrected url link

One of our members shared a way of using PS brushes in Xara. I bookmarked the page for years but recently deleted it, so I don't recall his name but the program he used is ABRviewer.
    http://abrviewer.sourceforge.net/

Since I use PSPXI and most PS brushes won't work with it, I have to use ABRviewer to turn the PS .abr file into a PNG. Once it's a PNG, you can bring it into Xara remake it into a brush.

The cloud brushes Syntagm mentions look to be made from bitmaps of real clouds.

These are vector clouds I made for my egret image. Anyone may download them and use them however you like with no restrictions. I claim no responsibility for computer damage while using these (just covering my bases )

There are two sets here. They are a kind of cirrus/cumulus looking combo. The top is a grouped set of the bottom with an elliptical transparency applied. The bottom is the original grouped set consisting of fractal or plasma transparencies and copies with luminosity or hue or such applied.

Name:	skyview.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	66080  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Burpee; 23 September 2009 at 06:39 PM.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Thanks Nancy
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've posted the cloud brush to the brushes forum along with another one for making elongated whispy clouds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.