Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Clipped photo group

I've sort of identified the problem. The red-eye removal tool changes the photo to a clipped-photo-group so applying applying a border after using it is less staightforward. Applying red eye removal to a picture with a border has become impossible.

I guess that creating a bitmap copy of the retouched photo is the way to do this? So the workflow has just become a bit more convoluted. Import graphics - re-touch - create copies of all the clipped-photo-groups - delete the originals - apply borders to all the remaining photoraphic images.

This all seems a bit convoluted. The most straightforward approach would seem to be to revert to using v.4 rather than v.5 as this task, which I do regularly, was a lot simpler in v.4.

Am I missing something or is there something I should be doing differently in v.5?

Default Re: erratic red eye removal

i guess grouping the clipped photo groups would do it...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: erratic red eye removal

Hello Hamish, I can't replicate the problem here. the photo tool red eye works fine for me. Perhaps if you can post a .xar file it may help someone figure this out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.