Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how do you make a photo pop-up over text?

I want to make a small simple picture pop-up from a word. Is there an html code I need to use or what do I do?
    Please visit my website at: http://www.jenerationz.com

Default Re: how do you make a photo pop-up over text?

Open the layer gallery, create a new layer, name it PHOTO1, select the layer and place your photo into it & position the photo where you'd like it to appear. Hide the PHOTO1 layer (click the 'eye')
    Go back to the mouseoff layer, select the text you want to link to the photo, open web properties link tab and select to show 'Popup Layer' named PHOTO1.
    Apply and test (preview)

Love the simplicity and how easy it is to create - on the other hand - hate the complexity of the code when looked at it in html format.

Old joke:

Patient: Doc, it hurts when I walk like this...

Doctor: So, don't walk like this!

Xtreme has to write some complex code to make it so easy for you to just put things on the page where you want them plus the other easy effects.

It does this so that all we have to do is design.

If it works when the page loads, then who cares how the code looks?

Smile Re: how do you make a photo pop-up over text?

A reply joke to your joke...

A GUY WALKS INTO the local NAPA store and asks "Can I get a wiper blade for a Yugo"?
    The clerk replies, "Sounds like a good trade to me".

I prefer to know the internal code - so if I am to work on a site that has for example a table with 20+ names that when scrolled over the image appears. Could this be done? If I understood or had a code source to see how to do this it would rock!

Bad example. XWD or Xtreme5 do not produce or use <table> tags natively.
    Neither are they html editors nor is there any need to edit the code, in fact it's not recommended at all.
    Edit the *.web or *.xar if you need to change/update a design.

Both applications are advertised and intended for zero html use.
    ...no HTML skill required!

Traditional web authoring tools are really just HTML editors, they are designed to create text layout, providing few, if any, graphical capabilities. And yet it's evident that the vast majority of modern websites are of a graphical nature. We believe you should have complete freedom to include anything - text, graphics, photos - anywhere on the page, using just one tool. And you shouldn't need to know, or even see, the HTML that goes into creating your site, any more than a car driver needs to know how an engine works.
    XWD and Xtreme5 might be the wrong software to choose if you desire to dabble in the resulting code.

Good joke though

Hi X-Newbie,

I totally agree with what Sledger says about XWD and XX5 or XX5Pro.

I bought these with the idea of never having to dabble in the code. There are already a gamut of those on the market. The beauty of the Xara programs is that you can use some html or jscript if you wish under certain conditions to achieve whatever you need to achieve.

From that point there is some coding 'if you wish'. I personally don't miss the coding of the other programs but I understand your point....coding can give you a certain different level of control but the Xara programs give you perfect control over the appearance and functionality of your site(s).
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11