Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Size of placeholder vs. size of published flash

I am sure the answer is somewhere, but I can't find it. I created a flash animation- size 350 x 350 pix. It seems to work fine in preview, and the size seems correct. I positioned a placeholder - same size - 350 x 350 pix, on my web page. When I publish the page, the flash is much smaller than the placeholder. Hope I explained the problem adequately, I am very new to this. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Default Re: Size of placeholder vs. size of published flash

When you created your flash file is the size of the page the size of the animation?
    In other words, if the page was 480 x 480 and you created a 350x350 animation on the page, the exported animation area would actually be 480x480, so sizing your placeholder to 350x350 would mean the actual animation would be reduced accordingly.

Two ways to help here is to [a] size the page to the full size required for your animation or [b] in the export animation options under 'Area to save' - select 'Drawing'.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 17 September 2009 at 01:45 AM. Reason: typo

Talking Re: Size of placeholder vs. size of published flash

Sledger, thank you so much! That was exactly what was wrong, and it works now. Could have saved myself a lot of time if I had posted earlier!