Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: CoffeeCup web form issue

Slightly off topic, but the one thing I have noticed with my email me form form with captcha (those characters you have to key in before you submit the form) is almost 100% of the people responding to my form, do not key in the characters first. They get an error message and then comply.

I know this because even though they don't key in the characters, email me form sends the message anyway but flags it as suspected spam. And as of now it has not been spam.

But I wonder if people just are not used to keying in those characters first, or if there is something not obvious about the process?

On a Coffee Cup form I made I put the captcha box immediately next to the submit button and at the top of the form, not at the bottom, so making the user think a bit about what they're doing - the same principle used by on-line banking sites.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

If you still would like some help getting your form online with CoffeeCup Web From Builder, drop me an e-mail at scott@coffeecup.com and I will be glad to walk you through the process. From what I read here, it sounded like one or more files just did not get uploaded correctly which is a very easy thing to fix.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Scott and thanks for the offer.

Is there any way to generate just a simple script that can be inserted into a placeholder?

It pretty much is already Gary. The script simply requires the presence of a few resource files in the same way that XWD and X5 html output does (and may other embeddables used in placeholders with XWD/XX such as flv players, flash galleries like simpleviewer and porta etc)
    So long as care is taken to upload those associated files to the correct place there is nothing easier