Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fuzzy Outlines !

Hi guys n girls

Ive just got PSPP X2, i'm a total dummy though !

I have found a symbol of the unofficial Spanish symbol "the black bull". I'd like to flood fill the bull red and the background black. When i fill the bull it looks ok but then i fill the background i get this horrible white, patchy line all round the outside of the bull and looks terrible.

I bet there's a real easy fix for this but I can't find one no matter how hard i try ! Anyone nice enough out there to help me out ?

Would really appreciate it

TY people.
    Danny.
    IP

Default Re: Fuzzy Outlines !

Its hard to say without seeing the image and your results or even what steps you took.
    Most likely this is because of Anti -Aliasing This is where pixels on the edge of two colours are a Mix of those two colours. This makes it difficult to get a clean edge when making a selection. Again with out seeing what you have done suggestions are guesses. But if you selected the bull and filed it with red and it looks good Contract the selection ( Selections. modify. contract) by 1 pixel to get rid of the edge then promote selection to a layer. You should now have the red bull on a layer of its own and ca either copy and paste as a new image and save for further use, Or just flood file the original background layer.
    IP

I would suggest taking a black small soft paint brush and painting over that white patchyness. I know what you're talking about, and that's how i usually fix it.
    IP

Its hard to say without seeing the image and your results or even what steps you took.
    Right.Post the picture here and we try to solve your problem.
    IP