Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hiding Layers from going live HELP

Hello, Is there a way to Hide a layer from going live once the site is exported to web? I thought by turning off the layers visible and editing buttons, it might hide it from going to the live site. But it doesn't. I would hate to have to always move these elements/layers I create off to the side of a page out of sight on the work area and always have to move them back when I want them to be seen.
    An example of this is, not showing a paypal button or a Text layer until I am ready. IE: I am updating a price on something, and don't want it to be active yet, and all elements in the layer are lined up and if I move it off the page to be hidden and move it back, it may not be in exact spot on each page and would be a big hassle to have to do that for every single thing I want hidden at that moment. OR I have some text that I want to be hidden until I am ready.

PLEASE HELP.
    thanks.
    Last edited by Eyescream; 13 September 2009 at 01:33 AM.

Default Re: Hiding Layers from going live HELP

Layers are always visible on web export unless they are a popup or a mouseover layer (where they only show when the trigger object invokes them).

Layers help with keeping page elements separate, but not for hiding from view when exported to HTML.

The hide/show layer and locking button are drawing aids rather than an export state.

You could delete the layer you don't want exported and save that .web or .xar as a separate instance of the project file, then go back to the original .web or .xar when you are ready to include those layers in the next html export.