Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default problem embeding a video player and links on pages.

hello.
    i am finding this issue it appears only with IE8.
    this page for example:
    http://www.locationabc.co.uk/bidefor...ouse-hotel.htm

it has an embeded video playing on it.
    when looking first all appears to work ok.

you will see there is also a text link to an external web page, it reads:
    www.durranthousehotel.com

if the page loads and the video starts i can click the link without any issues..

However..

if i choose to click the video screen, i.e. move the slider to track forward in the video... or if i pause the video and then restart it all seems ok untill i move my mouse over the text link, at this point the video stops or the audio stops..

there seems to be a problem with the text link code and the video player.

can someone please advise on a different way to do this or suggest a solution?

Kind Regards
    Carl

Default Re: problem embeding a video player and links on pages.

An update to the above post.

I took a good look at other posts here regarding flv files and video playing.
    i found several other sites that also have video playing on the pages and i also noticed that when their page loads all seems ok until the mouse is placed over a text link or nav bar, as soon as the mouse is over a link their video also stops..

Also to point out i dont seem to have this issue on IE7 or FF, its only hapening in IE8

your thoughts please

Hi,
    I just visited the site and video and audio played fine, then went over to the link text on left and clicked new page opened, with hotel I guess and audio from video still on.
    in Ie 8.
    Jim

Hello Scotty.
    many thanks for the feedback.

can i ask you to verify something for me please.

all does appear well, the page loads, the video starts to play and you can indeed go to the text link and follow the link to the new open browser page.

but..

can i ask you if you interacted at all with the video first?

for example let the splash logo run on the video and let the main video start to play.

then use the timeline of the player to skim the video, and or choose to pause and then unpause the video (just so there has been some interaction with the video player)

leave the video playing..

then move your mouse over the text link, does the audio stop when the text link highlights?

Kind Regards
    Carl

Hi,
    Ok went and done all requested operations, the Video stopped rewound etc with a sllight pause while updating video, but when I mouse ove text link, all sound stopped, and when I left to the link it opened in new windowat first audio stopped, but if I focused on video screen, then the Hotel screen Video and audio stayed working.
    Hope that helps.
    running Windows XP IE8..