Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Large Website and repeating objects

I have a large ecommerce website I am working on entirely with Xtreme Pro 5. I have broken the site into multiple XAR files based upon logical categories. This works not only for getting around the issue of regenerating the website for just one page change - but also looking toward the future website management could be handled by more than one person

But it causes another problem - an update to a website wide repeating object means each individual XAR sub-section must be updated and regenerated.

For some items I know in advance will be website wide I don't use the repeating objects, but go with a Server Side Include. Adding an entire new product category on the other hand doesnt work with SSI as now the change affects the top level navigation and sub categories navigation which means mouse off/ mouse on/ popup layers etc are all involved.

The current process I go through... have two XARA sub sections open. XARA A has been completely updated - XARA B is the one requiring the repeating objects update.
    XARA B - delete the repeating objects
    XARA A - copy the repeating object
    XARA B - paste in place
    XARA B - repeat on all pages
    Repeat the process as necessary

Repeat this process for each of the XARA sub sections

Short of XARA having the ability to work with sub-sections, does anyone have any suggestions for handling this differently?

Default Re: Large Website and repeating objects

Sounds like the way I'd do it.

Though I have to say, you're a brave person - XWD or Xtreme were never designed for building and maintaining a large eCommerce site.

Good luck.

Default Re: Large Website and repeating objects

The way I would do it is have a dummy page with the repeating items on it. When I changed A I replace the dummy page in B and then do the update.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11