Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default request for help: software allowing to cut predefined piece from picture

Hello,

I am looking for a software that would allow me to cut out of picture a predefined piece.

The thing is that I constantly need 200x200 pictures. Sometimes however I do download them in different resolutions and size ratios (e.g. 2:1) so simple resizing does not work.

What I want that software to do is to allow me to define 200 x 200 rectangle and pick up the area of the original picture that will be cut out.

Can you please recomend me some software (prefferably single purposed) that can do this?

Thanks

Peter

Default Re: request for help: software allowing to cut predefined piece from picture

Hello Peter,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Xara Xtreme is a great graphics application for getting a 200 by 200 pixel area of a photograph.

Please view the video to see how easily it can be done.

Download the 30 day fully functional trial at http://www.xara.com

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Soquili; 18 September 2009 at 01:39 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: request for help: software allowing to cut predefined piece from picture

If I understand this correctly then I'll tell you what I do. I use PaintShopProXI and use the crop tool. I set it to 200x200 pixels and click 'maintain size ratio'. I can then keep the square shape but resize it on the image until I have the part I want. I crop then resize the selection down to 200x200.

Gimp is free on the net and can do the same thing. Is this what you needed?

Oops, Bill got there first. Bill, you vid isn't coming up for me. Could be that I'm too soon after you posted.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

I notice that I forgot to remove the outline from the 200x200 square so it is 200.7pixels by 200.7 pixels.

If you right click the grid to the left of the color line at the bottom of the Xtreme window you can select Remove Line color and the square will become exactly 200 pixels by 200 pixels.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hello guys,

yes, that is exactly what I needed.

Thanks for help.

Peter

Glad to have been of help.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update