Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transfering from xara extreem to xara 3d

Hello, i was wondering i uploaded a png file to Xara extreem (that i made in photoshop) i want to save as xar file and open it in 3d as a shape.. everytime i do it just imports a square is there any way to make my graphic dominant to the background so its still like png?
    Thanx for any help!!!!

Default Re: Transfering from xara extreem to xara 3d

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    A .png file (and .jpg, .gif etc,) are rectangles made of a matrix of pixels, this is why they appear as rectangles in X3D. You need to export your graphic as a .png file with Alpha Transparency. To lose the rectangle you need to select those parts of the graphic that you don't want and remove them before exporting your.png file. Jpg and the rest do not handle transparency.
    You can import the file you have into Xtreme and using the Shape Editor Tool, draw a selection around the part of the graphic you want to keep and delete the rest.
    If you look at my tutorial in the link in my signature below, it will show you what to do.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 08 September 2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.